Sunday 25 March 2012

3rd Post of Shakespeare Unit


  1.  I agreed with some of the tweets in class answering the question "why is shakespeare difficult?"  I do find that the english language has changed and reversing in time to Shakespearian language is straining, it also is much more detailed, most of the plays show this, by describing a simple feeling like a piece of artwork on a wall.  Although I do disagree with the fact that it is 'bad writing', just because Shakespeare did not simply tell you exactly what was happening does not make it 'bad', in fact I find it more interesting to read as it hold more layers to what could have been a simple sentence.   This brings me to another 'tweet' that I disagree with, 'losing my interest', for me it does not, just as long as I'm not on a short supply of sleep.  
  2. There are many ways to overcome prejudices with education, what works for me, specifically with shakespeare, is knowing that there is reason behind teaching one author to countless students of all ages for hundreds of years.  Also many of our own movies and novels have the same base plot as so many of the shakespeare plays, therefore although it way be sometimes difficult, i know i will be able to relate to the plays once i get over the first reaction to the writing itself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment